Saturday 10 June 2017

Wondrous Dubai (part 1)

Hey all !

Glad to have you read my first post☺ I started this blog to share my travel stories with you. For me travel is much more than just an ordinary experience, travelling is very important to move towards a journey of self discovery. It soothes the body and mind making you ready to face the real world. It gives me something to look forward to no matter how disappointing life is at present. It motivates me to move forward, and most of all it inspires me to write.

I'd like to begin my first post with the most exciting travel destination probably in the whole world. A city that has made the impossible possible. Yes! Dubai! For some it is the ideal destination to shop, for others it is the ideal place to relax and unwind. Dubai offers a complete package of adventure, shopping, and leisure. It is one of those cities that you just cannot get enough of and will leave you wanting more of it. Right from deserts to rivers, unbelievable ancient to modern architecture, food from different countries, latest trends in clothing and lifestyle, Dubai has it all.

Below is a list of Dubai's attractions you just cannot miss for those of you planning the perfect getaway!


What a Miracle!
Talk about freshly grown flowers in a desert with temperatures over 50 degrees! Miracle Garden in Dubailand, Dubai is the worlds largest natural flower garden which is home to over a million flowers. It is a miracle indeed! The colors and combinations used is a treat to the eyes of visitors. Fresh flowers are used to represent the iconic emirates flight and birds, arcs, and other structures. The mesmerizing landscapes will leave you spellbound. However visiting the garden during the summer heat is a little uncomfortable. the best time to visit the garden is during winters that is October to March. Also visiting the garden during the month of May like I did is not completely unbearable if you do not mind the summer heat. 




PHOTO CREDITS: NELO PHOTOGRAPHY
Safari like no other!
Who wouldn't take a desert safari when in a city like Dubai. There are a number of tourism agencies which organize desert safaris. Book a seat for you and your loved ones and get ready for an experience of a lifetime. The evening safari generally includes sand dune bashing, camel riding, Henna painting (Mehendi), Shisha, non-alcoholic drinks, and a well-organised show of belly dancing, fire dancing and tanura dancing with a delicious buffet dinner. Besides this, there are morning safaris and overnight safaris for the ones who wish to camp in the middle of the desert. Riding in a land cruiser and hitting the sun glazed desert sand is both frightening and thrilling at the same time. We were also lucky enough to reach just in time to see the sunset and it was nothing that I had ever seen before. Watching the sun set atop a sand dune, where all you can see is the beautiful and soft brown sand and the sun rays getting dimmer as sinks below the horizon is something else altogether. Of course the camel riding and the entertainment was also fascinating but the sunset stole the show for me.   



BELLY DANCING


Life's a Beach!
My life was literally a beach for a few days! The soft white sand on the Jumeirah Beach is what beach lovers like me love. I stayed at Hilton for a few days during my trip and the experience was unreal. The hotel had a walkaway to the beach which could be accessed at any time of the day or night. And this made my midnight beach walk dream come true. The beach is always buzzing with activity as the entire beach belt is full of huge hotels and resorts and a lot of foreign tourists enjoy sun bathing even when the temperature is more than 40 degrees (yeah! you read it right). The hotel is situated at the walk, which is the most happening area in Jumeirah. Clubs, diners, cafeterias, including a cinema hall are all set up on this busy street.




PHOTO CREDITS: NELO PHOTOGRAPHY
Who is the tallest of them all?!
This is when I fell head over heels in love.... not with a man but with the view and I wasn't afraid to say it out loud. It wasn't just a view! It was magic ! To start off there is a super fast theatrical elevator which takes you to the 125th floor of the tower. By theatrical I mean there's a video playing on the walls of the elevator inside till you reach the 125th floor. I mean who could even imagine something so genius. The way to the entry shows every stage of construction of the tower right from scratch.The first time I saw the mighty tower I found the name of my blog. No kidding! The Burj Khalifa's observation deck on the 125th floor itself is so high that the view of the whole of Dubai below is jaw-dropping. Of course there are higher levels to it. The observation deck has a closed gallery from where the dancing fountain can be seen. Ah! The dancing fointain...Another marvellous creation. The shows begin from 7pm onwards. Each show lasts for approximately 15 to 20 mins. I stood there in awe covered with goosebumps watching the fountain dance to the beats of 'skyfall'. The fountain gives you all the feels and no matter how many times you see it, it will still feel like the first time.






Underwater madness!
You must have seen grown ups acting like kids in certain situations. Well! I was one of them when I visited the underwater aquarium in Dubai Mall. The aquarium is in the shape of a huge arc and when you step in it gives you the underwater feels. The aquarium is home to over a hundred different species of fish. Right from deadly sharks to pretty and colorful little fish all were my favorite. The aquarium can be seen without really entering the arc too for those who do not wish to spend for the entry tickets. The mall even has an underwater zoo which is home to the biggest crocodile in the world.






And that is all for my first post. I will be back with some more unique attractions of Dubai in my next post. So wait for it because the post will have a few surprises in store.






4 comments:

  1. Agnelo Fernandes10 June 2017 at 00:58

    you have beautiful explained and captured the moments in time...
    25 years living here in exquisite transitional city, i have taken it all for granted.
    As a passionate photographer, I believe, "its not what you see, but how you see it ".
    Thank you for allowing me to see through your fresh & new eyes.
    I wish you all the best !!!

    .... awaiting for what's NEXT.

    NELO..

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 months in Dubai & I didnt wanna get out of my room! But the way you describe dubai makes me wanna explore! Keep up the good work & keep spreading the Joy! Keep Travelling ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete

The Maha Panch Trip

It's 2018 ! A brand new year to make brand new memories to dwell on. And for those who need some travel therapy this winter ...